Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mildred Pierce: a wig was custom built for Evan Rachel Wood's crotch

The "True Blood" star, Evan Rachel Wood, explained at a recent NY press event, she slated to go full frontal in the HBO miniseries "Mildred Pierce". "Let’s just say, I had to wear a wig because it was in the 30s, and everything had to look like it was in the 30s."

Evan Rachel Wood is getting all sorts of buzz for a special wig she had to rock for an upcoming HBO project (a wig that was custom built for her crotch). According to Wood, her co-star Kate Winslet encouraged her to do it -- “I looked at Kate and she was like, ‘You’ve got to do it. Trust me, it’s so brave. Put a merkin on and you’ll be fine.”

"She coached me through my first nude scene," Wood told E! News at Monday evening's premiere. "I mean, she's done it all. She was literally next to the camera going.


Winslet also told the actress to cover up as much as possible: "I looked at Kate and she was like, 'You've got to do it. Trust me, it's so brave,'" Wood said in an interview with Fancast.com. "'Put a merkin on and you'll be fine.'" (A merkin is a pubic wig.)

The 'Titanic' star's final piece of advice? "You keep the room as empty as possible," Winslet told Wood. "Just kind of being there for her, really, and letting her know there was someone to hold her hand and throw a robe over her at the right moment...made her feel better."

Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment